Drug Safe Solano
Opioid abuse does not discriminate. People from all walks of life, all ages, and socio-economic backgrounds are impacted by what the Center for Disease Control and Prevention call, "an opioid epidemic."
In partnership with Touro University California, Drug Safe Solano provides education, resources and training to help reduce the impact of the opioid epidemic.
- opioid prescriptions written in Solano County in 2020 alone
- opioid-related deaths in Solano County in 2020
- ER visits due to opioid overdose in Solano County in 2020
What We Do
Founded in 2018, Drug Safe Solano's mission is to provide all Solano County residents with equitable access to addiction prevention and treatment resources.
Drug Safe Solano (DSS) is a 40-member coalition that represent a multidisciplinary approach to public health, including healthcare systems, pharmacies, and law enforcement groups, with action teams dedicated to expanding access to medication assisted treatments, MAT, as well as Narcan trainings offered throughout the county.
We also have worked with the Solano County Board of Supervisors to approve an expansion of MAT in the Solano County jails.
The mission of Drug Safe Solano is threefold:
- We seek to decrease the stigma of addiction, serve as a resource for patients and professionals and increase public education of the opioid crisis and the use of Naloxone.
- We are committed to saving lives by preventing opioid overdoses and deaths through reducing the number of opioid prescriptions and safe disposal of prescription opioids.
- We will work to expand access to Medication Assisted Treatment and other forms of treatment, both in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Addiction and Prevention
Many people might not know the signs that either they or someone they love has an addiction. Learn the symptoms.
More than 11 million Americans ages 12 an up misused prescription pain relievers in the past year. Learn about the CDC RXawarness Campaign.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form for more information.