Faculty & Staff at TUC
Department: Clinical Sciences
Title: Assistant Professor
Phone: (707) 638-5351
Fax: (707) 638-5959
Office: Administration & Faculty 2, Rm. 215
|Parkland Health and Hospital System||PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency||July 2010|
|Moses Cone Health System||PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency||June 2009|
|Oregon State University College of Pharmacy||PharmD||June 2008|
|Oregon State University||Bachelor of Science||June 2005|
PHRM 604: Track 4 Clinical Sciences
- Physical Assessments: Vital Signs; Immunization Practical; Clinical Lab Medicine #1; Immunization Lecture #2
PHRM 612: Track 4 Clinical Sciences
- OTC Cough, Cold, and Allergy; Diabetes Management Workshop
PHRM 606: Track 2 Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Drugs for GI II - GERD, Peptic Ulcer
PHARM 608: Track 4 Clinical Sciences
- Nausea and Vomiting; GERD/PUD/OTC Gas and Anorectal Disorders
PHARM 616: Track 4 Clinical Sciences
- Contraception and Menstruation Related Disorders
My research interests are primarily in the areas of pain management, anemia management, anticoagulation, and medication adherence. Projects in these areas are currently in development at my teaching site, the San Francisco General Hospital's Adult Medicine Clinic.
Absher RK, Gerkin TM, Banares LW. Alvimopan Use in Laparoscopic and Open Bowel Resections: Clinical Results in a Large Community Hospital System. Ann Pharmacother. 2010;44:1701-1708.
“Ambulatory Care Rotations: Making an Impact”
- 2013 Invited guest lecturer to UCSF, San Francisco, School of Pharmacy. CP 137 1-hour lecture to P3 students.
"Seeking Employment in Today's Tough Job Market"
- 2010 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Great eXpectations Live, Roundtable Discussion.
"Residents and New Practitioners Tell All"
- 2010 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Student Programming, Panel Discussion.
- 2013: ASHP-designated New Practitioner Mentor for UCSF and Touro Student Societies of Health-System Pharmacy
- 2012-2013: CSHP Golden Gate Chapter CE Committee Co-Chair
- 2012: Preceptor of the Year - TUCA COP Class of 2012
- 2012: Lecturer of the Year - TUCA COP Class of 2015
- 2011-2012: ASHP Council On Therapeutics New Practitioner Member
- 2010-2011: ASHP New Practitioners Forum Executive Committee Member
- 2010: ACCP Dallas Fort Worth Clinical Controversy Resident Competition, 1st Place Winner
- 2008: APhA-ASP Patient Counseling Competition, 3rd Place National Winner
- 2008: ASHP National Student Leadership Award
- 2008: Oregon State University College of Pharmacy Roche Pharmacy Communications Award
Assistant Professor, Clinical Sciences Department
Touro University California College of Pharmacy
Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist
San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
ED Case Management Team
Copyright 2005 - 2019, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.